My Budgies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
My Budgies

Talk about your pet budgies, post about your birds and talk about them all you want!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Traning my budgies!! :)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Traning my budgies!! :) Empty Traning my budgies!! :) Thu May 05, 2011 7:31 pm

admin

admin
Admin

So i have been trying to train my budgies to perch on me and on my shoulder, how to fly home when i say go home just small things like that! I wont lie 2 you at first even getting them to perch on a stick i held was dificult, they can be pretty stubborn! I realized that they hate being grabbed, ther prefer it if you let them come to you(this took alot of time and patience. One of my birds is really really stubborn and just hates for anyone to mess with her, she just hates human contact lol, but yesterday for some reason she was letting us be close to her and actually got on our fingers and hands and shoulders! I have 2 that are very melow and will not mind perching on me and my shoulders, and will not bite at all i can even kiss them and they dont seem to mind it at all! It does take alot of patience and time to get them used 2 you, i recommend also giving them milet snacks when u train them, they love that stuff and will know that if they do good a reward comes after! Patience and time is the key tho and alot of love! I talk to my birdies alot, the first day i didnt think id ever get to hold my birds, slowy but surely they r getting used to all of us! I cant wait to post a training vid!!! hehe!

https://mybudgies.board-directory.net

2Traning my budgies!! :) Empty Re: Traning my budgies!! :) Fri May 06, 2011 2:24 am

Admin Roy

Admin Roy

admin wrote:So i have been trying to train my budgies to perch on me and on my shoulder, how to fly home when i say go home just small things like that! I wont lie 2 you at first even getting them to perch on a stick i held was dificult, they can be pretty stubborn! I realized that they hate being grabbed, ther prefer it if you let them come to you(this took alot of time and patience. One of my birds is really really stubborn and just hates for anyone to mess with her, she just hates human contact lol, but yesterday for some reason she was letting us be close to her and actually got on our fingers and hands and shoulders! I have 2 that are very melow and will not mind perching on me and my shoulders, and will not bite at all i can even kiss them and they dont seem to mind it at all! It does take alot of patience and time to get them used 2 you, i recommend also giving them milet snacks when u train them, they love that stuff and will know that if they do good a reward comes after! Patience and time is the key tho and alot of love! I talk to my birdies alot, the first day i didnt think id ever get to hold my birds, slowy but surely they r getting used to all of us! I cant wait to post a training vid!!! hehe!

post the vid Embarassed

http://xatbgs.com wawies.com

3Traning my budgies!! :) Empty training in process Fri May 23, 2014 11:53 pm

stormskye

I am in process of training my budgies, one of them is good and will sit on my fingers but. the other one will just fly around the cage avoiding me altogether.
How can i get that one like the other who sits on my fingers, i thought it might do the same as they always do the same things together.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum